Protect Childcare Provider/Employee Medical FreedomRead the petition
It came to Ohio Advocates for Medical Freedom’s attention that Ohio Department of Job and Family Services may be working to add a change to Ohio Administrative Code. Possible proposed changes.
OAMF made multiple attempts to reach out to ODJFS through multiple channels to receive clarification on this and we have yet to hear back. As several of our members have pointed out, the requirements have been in place for some time. However, the requirements were within an OAC Appendix. The document seen here depicts changes to OAC.
So our best guess at this time is that their intentions are to move the rules from the Appendix directly into OAC. If this is the case, our concern is that they could intend to drop the exemption language that’s currently in the Appendix.
What is OAMF’s position on this possible change?
OAMF believes that mandatory vaccination violates the principles of informed consent, personal liberty, and religious freedom defined in the Geneva Convention, the Ohio and United States Constitutions, the Civil Rights Act, the American Medical Association’s Code of Medical Ethics, the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights, and Ohio Revised Code 2317.54 Informed consent to surgical or medical procedures or course of procedures.
What can I do to help protect childcare worker’s rights?
- Complete the above letter of opposition.
- Write an email or call the ODJFS Bureau of Child Care Licensing and Monitoring:
- Write an email or call your legislators:
- House Commerce & Labor Committee Chair, Gayle Manning, Rep55@ohiohouse.gov, 614-644-5076.
- House Commerce & Labor Committee Vice-Chair, Bill Dean, Rep74@ohiohouse.gov, 614-466-1470.
- House Commerce & Labor Committee Ranking Member, Michele Lepore-Hagan, Rep58@ohiohouse.gov, 614-466-9435.
- House Health Committee Chair, Derek Merrin, Rep47@ohiohouse.gov, 614-466-1731.
- House Health Committee Vice-Chair, Don Manning, Rep59@ohiohouse.gov, 614-466-6107.
- House Health Committee Ranking Member, Janine Boyd, Rep09@ohiohouse.gov, 614-644-5079.
- Senate Transportation, Commerce and Workforce Committee Chair, Rob McColley, McColley@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-8150.
- Senate Transportation, Commerce and Workforce Committee Vice-Chair, Joe Uecker, Uecker@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-8082.
- Senate Transportation, Commerce and Workforce Committee Ranking Member, Nickie Antonio, Antonio@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-5123.
- Senate Health, Human Services and Medicaid Committee Chair, Dave Burke, Burke@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-8049.
- Senate Health, Human Services and Medicaid Committee Vice-Chair, Stephen Huffman, Huffman@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-6247.
- Senate Health, Human Services and Medicaid Committee Ranking Member, Nickie Antonio, Antonio@ohiosenate.gov, 614-466-5123.
- Attend the ODJFS meting in person:
- Thursday, February 21, 2019, 9:30am-2:30pm.
- You must RSVP by end of day Tuesday, February 19, 2019 by emailing Angie Kaiser at Angela.Kaiser@jfs.ohio.gov.